Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mouthwash for sensitive teeth?

I am wondering if there is any mouthwash out there that is supposed to be safe for people with sensitive teeth. The last mouthwash I tried was Listerine Whitening and I think that increased my teeth sensitivity.


Thanks.

Mouthwash for sensitive teeth?
I would suggest you try ACT mouth rinse. I also have sensitive teeth, and my dentist recommended it. My results have been VERY good-- after only 2 weeks use! (by the way, the results will likely be cumulative, so you need to continue use to see optimal results!) Good Luck!
Reply:Some over-the-counter mouthwashes contain acids that can worsen tooth sensitivity if you have exposed dentin (the middle layer of the tooth). The acids further damage the dentin layer of the tooth. If you have dentin sensitivity, ask your dentist about the use of a neutral fluoride solution. I find Tom's of Maine to be really good. You can get it from your local drugstore.



celebrity makeup

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net