Friday, July 31, 2009

Does anyone know how to whiten EXTREMELY sensitive teeth?

Crest White Strips did the whitening but it also did the stripping! It took a lot of enamel off of my teeth making them very very sensitive, I had to cover my mouth just to inhale (even the warmest air was too "cold"). My dentist told me ZOOM whitening was out of the question because of that but I spent a lot of money on braces/retainers and want to maintain my nice smile. What should I do? I should also mention that I use prescription toothpaste (similar to Sensodyne but stronger) to prevent sensitivity. Help!

Does anyone know how to whiten EXTREMELY sensitive teeth?
Crest White Strips cannot remove tooth enamel. You may have congenitally sensitive teeth because of tiny tubules in your teeth.





Zoom whitening is a gimmick (as recent studies have shown) and you can do better by using take-home trays.





Ask your dentist for a prescription strength fluoride paste (one brand name is Sooth Rx) and use it in the trays before you bleach. It works to seal those tiny tubes so that the sensitivity is greatly reduced. This will work way better than over-the-counter products such as Sensodine.
Reply:I use arm and hammer sensitive whitening toothpaste, you may have to use your prescription strength paste after to provide more sensitivity protection. Hope it works!



celebrity makeup

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net