Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sensitive teeth after wisdom tooth extraction?

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out a week ago. For the past 3-4 days, some of my other teeth seem to be pretty sensitive. Some are just aching a little...one seems to be sesitive to cold all of a sudden. Is this normal? I wasn't warned about this by my oral surgeon. Has anyone else experienced this??

Sensitive teeth after wisdom tooth extraction?
Its very common for there to be sensitivity after extractions. Just make sure not to disturb where the extractions were done for at least 72 hours. Also it helps to rinse your mouth with warm salt water (1/2teaspoon salt in a glass of warm water) this should be done 3 to 4 times a day for 4 days. If you continue to have pain/sensitivity call your dentist office, though your oral surgeon should want to see you for a post-op appt to make sure everythings ok within a week of your extraction.
Reply:I'm no expert, but I had a similar experience. I had a bone graft in one of my front teeth, and got a "gum shave" at the same time. Sorry, but I can't remember the technical term for it - but it was basically a gum shave - trimming off some excess.





Anyway, after that my teeth in that area have gotten more sensitive.





You know what, as I'm writing this it just clicked that perhaps that makes sense.....but in any case, I can also testify that teeth are weird and react in odd ways to things. LOL



viruses

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net