Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sensitive teeth after dental treatment?

Okay, I will admit, I've been bad in the past, not going to the dentist for my teeth. I went about 5 years without going. It wasn't because I'm scared of dentists or anything, I had just moved to a new place and didn't have a dentist, and didn't bother to find one. But after a while I started feeling guilty, so last May when I got a flier in the mail, I started going to that dentist for treatment. Because my teeth were so bad, I've been going once a month since then to get them all fixed. I have only one more treatment, and then I am done. I like my dentist, so I have no problem with her. It's just that every time, after I go to the dentist my teeth get real sensitive for a time. Most people as far as I know, once the anesthesia wears off, seem to be fine. Me, my teeth still feel different, odd, sensitive, etc. for anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks or so. But after that I hardly notice them anymore. Is this strange? Anything I can do about it?

Sensitive teeth after dental treatment?
what teeth are sensitive, all of them? if it is the fillings, that can happen. you may even need to get a medicated filling put in for a while. the first thing to check is your bite. if the bite is off, it can even cause a tooth to abcess if you keep hitting it, so it is important to have it checked. sometimes it is the brand of filling they put in, some cause more sensitivity. do not get whitening, because that can cause sensitivity. fillings usually calm down in a couple weeks to two months, but they should continue to be less sensitive. you may need a mouthguard because you may be grinding at night and not know it. they are cheap at walmart pharmacy.



accessories

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net