Sunday, August 2, 2009

Whitening at the dentist , is it safe? i have sensitive teeth already.?

unfortunately for me my mother passed on the habit of grinding my teeth at night. so the enamel is missing on the tops of the front four bottom teeth. i really need to know if this is going to weaken my teeth further. i used the crest whitening for a little while but they hurt my teeth. how much does the denist whitening cost does insurance cover anything and is is safe for me as well?

Whitening at the dentist , is it safe? i have sensitive teeth already.?
I don't know any insurance that covers whitening because it is considered cosmetic. If your teeth are sensitive then you should start using a toothpaste for sensitive teeth. I always have my patients use it for 2 weeks before they start whitening and then continue to use it while you are whitening. I grind my teeth as well and I bleached my teeth but I could not keep it on as long as suggested because of sensitivity so it took me a little longer to get them as white as they could be but it helped out. It just might take you a little longer like it did with me.
Reply:if your teeth already hurt with gentle whitening in toothpastes, then don't do any professional whitening! In the whitening process, a layer of the outside enamel of the tooth is removed showing the newer whiter enamel underneath. it really does make your teeth weaker and more sensitive.





I had one sensitive tooth, and my dentist recommended disncontiniung whitening toothpastes altogether and he gave me some fluoride to use on the tooth.



write poetry

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net